Nutritional deficiency and imbalance can lead to many health problems and contribute to even more. The signs are often nonspecific, and nutritional deficiency may be masquerading as another condition that fails to respond to treatment. Here are some examples:
- Mood/memory/behavioral changes
- Fatigue and/or sleep disturbances
- Stress-related/chronic pain disorders
- Gastrointestinal/digestive complaints
- Weight issues – hard to lose weight and it comes right back
- Immune dysfunction – frequent sickness, lost work days
- Wounds and even minor cuts take too long to heal
- Joint and skin disorders
- Reproductive issues
- General health and sports fitness challenges
When a health issue appears resistant to treatment efforts or keeps coming back, a nutritional imbalance should be suspected. Unfortunately even many health care professionals do not consider evaluating for and correcting nutritional imbalance or run just the most basic tests.
- Toxins that poison metabolism
- Genetic mutations
- Inflammation causing poor digestion and absorption
- Hormonal imbalance
- Nutrient-poor foods such as fast food or processed food
Unlike the basic testing, our Comprehensive Nutritional Evaluation takes and in-depth look “under the hood.” It uses blood and urine samples to evaluate not only the levels of numerous nutrients but also to check multiple chemical reactions that use them and interact with each other. Based on that information, it determines the amounts of nutrients that your body needs. One size does not fit all. It also evaluates for toxins and genetic mutations that may interfere with the use of nutrients by your body.
- Essential Nutrients such as amino acids that are the building blocks of all body structures
- Antioxidants – substances essential for protections against premature aging, heart disease, neurological diseases, and chronic fatigue.
- Vitamins – the levels of all essential vitamins are measured.
- Minerals such as magnesium, copper, and zinc. Their deficiency contributes to many disorders including mood instability, painful joints and muscles, or reproductive issues.
- Toxins – increased levels of toxic elements, such as mercury, lead, or other heavy metals can be harmful and are related to a wide range of chronic health conditions.
- Genetics – some genetic variations are associated with conditions such as depression, anxiety, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, inflammatory conditions, and chronic pain.
You’ll get a very detailed copy of the results that is easy to read and understand. Your copy of the report will have 4 pages. The first 2 pages will give you a quick and convenient overview of your body’s current state of nutrition and metabolism. Here is an example:
Best of all, the lab will use complex algorithms that use all the data to determine what amount of each vitamin, nutrient or mineral YOUR body needs. Everybody’s needs are different. Those lab recommendations will be combined with the results of your clinical evaluation by our doctor. In the end you’ll receive fully personalized treatment and prevention plan that will best suit your situation.
On the final pages, the level of each nutrient will be placed on a scale, and you’ll be able to read a color coded explanation of its function, causes of deficiency, complications of deficiency, and food sources.
If you are interested in our Comprehensive Nutritional Evaluataion, please call us at (203) 275-6666 or use the form below. Our doctor will evaluate you and if the test is indicated will draw the blood samples and give you detailed instructions. When the results come back, we’ll call you to make an appointment to go over the test results with a doctor and set up a personalized treatment plan for you.